As the developer of this website, sometimes it’s humbling when informed that a percentage of the target audience does not have a clue how to use the website. I’ve found in some cases, competitors are actually afraid to try for fear of “messing something up”. Well, gentle folk, I am here to say–go ahead and kick those tires because I’ve built something strong and valuable for you here. Below are some simple instructions on how to register for a PSM competitor account and how to sign up for a match. I’ve also taken the liberty of briefly outlining why it behoves you to have a PSM competitor account.
How To Register For A PSM Account
- Visit PrecisionShootingMatches.com (technically, you’re already here. See? You’re ahead of the game!).
- On a Desktop computer, on the right-side of the page, see where it says: “Register Competitor – Are you a competitor with us yet? Register for FREE!”
- If you are on a phone or tablet device, you can find the above by scrolling down the page.
- From any device, click “Register for Free”
- Now at the “Welcome Competitors” page, simply fill out the form entirely. Anything with an *asterisk, is a required field.
- Fill out the form, make the selections, check the checkboxes at the bottom and click the “Sign Up As A Competitor” button.
- You are now a registered competitor on the PSM website. You will get an email confirmation of your account setup.
- Try your best to remember your username and password. If you forget, the system can help you at the login screen.
How To Sign Up For A Match
- Login to your account using the username and password you already set up when creating your account (if you are not already logged in).
- Find the match you want to sign up for by using either the “match calendar” or the “Matches By State” options under the main menu: “Find A Pistol Or Rifle Match”.
- Click on the match logo or title and you will see the match bulletin and information about the match. Scroll down to where it says “RSVP”.
- Click the up arrow in the number field to “1” and then click the red “Confirm RSVP” button below it.
- You are now signed up for the match and you will get an email confirmation of this.
That’s all there is to it!
So why become a registered competitor? Here’s a short list of reasons:
- It’s FREE.
- It allows PSM Registered Match Directors to easily allow you to sign up for their matches.
- Once signed up for a match, the MD also has tools available to check you in at the match, contact the entire roster of competitors by email if needed, score your strings of fire and generate necessary reports for sanctioned matches.
- Your coolness factor goes up exponentially.
- You get a complimentary “Competitor Profile Page” that tracks your classifications, best scores, strings of fire, upcoming matches, matches fired, and gives you access to every shot value you ever fired and scored using the PSM scoring tools.
- How could over a thousand other competitors be wrong?
So there you have it. Quick, easy instructions to get on and get involved with Precision Shooting Matches. Be sure to encourage your match directors to become registered PSM match directors and make use of all the great tools and system available to them. Questions? You know how to reach me.
Go have a match.