This program helps offer opportunities for former junior program shooters to continue shooting competitively in both matches and leagues. How it works is simple. Both match directors and transitioning your competitors will have responsibilities outlined below.
In each match set-up form here on PSM, there will be a small section to check a box, signaling your commitment to the following:
- Participating in the PSM Youth Transition Program and stating so in bold letters, within the body of their match information.
- Making a few shooting positions/ports available to former junior program participants. How many you are offering should be listed within the match information section (even ONE would be great!).
- Having a few firearms available to borrow for the event if they cannot supply their own. They don’t have to be Pardini’s, but something that will shoot.
- Ammo for them to use, if they cannot supply their own.
- Reduced match fees. By how much is up to you but we HIGHLY recommend at least a 50% discount. They should pay something. It has little value if everything is free.
These five items can make all the difference in the world to keeping some of our transitioning juniors on the firing line. If everyone committed ONE shooting position/port once a month at a match or league, that’s thousands of transitioning youth shooters per year who got to shoot again because of you.
Here’s what you young competitors have to commit to officially take part in this program:
- Have recently been part of an official and recognised youth shooting program (any) and prove it to the match director with a letter from your former coach/director stating so. It should have your current age and the date you aged out of the program.
- Provide as much as you can for yourself (most of you will have shooting boxes and general shooting equipment).
- Be humble, appreciative and willing to help out in any way you are asked. Setting up, packing up, sweeping up, going on coffee runs, etc…
- Be a registered member of Precision Shooting Matches and hit the check box on your account page indicating it so we can help track your progress through the program.
- You can be a part of the program for up to two years after aging out of your junior program.
Any questions about this program or if you are a match director who is participating in this program, please contact us so we can answer your questions and offer you a special badge on your profile page, showing that you are a MD who believes in the future of competitive precision shooting.