Contrary to popular belief, I am still amongst the living and PSM is still going strong. Contrary to rumor, no, I have NOT thrown in the towel on all things shooting because my NJ Junior Pistol Team finally swept the national matches in 2019. The simple answer to the question of; “Where the hell have you been?” is quite simply — I’ve been working hard on projects that pay the bills, as opposed to projects like this one that just make me happy. Let’s face it… online development is time consuming and difficult.
Excuses out of the way, so…
So what have I been working on? I have been lashing at PSM as often as possible in order to fulfill the wishes and desires of match directors and competitors alike. Specifically here is a short list of what’s been going on (in no particular order):
- Make competitor profile pages load faster.
- The competitor profile pages now load lightning fast, so mission accomplished on that one.
- Organize matches by state and offer links to match results by state/range/match.
- Matches by state and links to those state-specific matches with results posted is now at about 90% complete and should be ready for testing shortly. This will allow faster access to match listings because most competitors do not travel often or far from their home states to compete or attend shooting leagues. Essentially, these pages will let you bookmark your specific state page and have instant access to everything about state associations, ranges, matches and match results. Match results will automatically post once your Match Director completes the scoring process.
- Create more scorecard templates for non-traditional matches for match directors.
- All additional scorecard templates that have been requested are now complete and available to all match directors.
- Streamline the competitor scoring procedure so it is a little more intuitive in relation to caliber selection.
- This is in the works and is about 50% complete. It requires a little retooling of the scoring procedure, but looks promising.
- Coordinate and share match info from other websites (like NJPistol), even if not using the PSM scoring system.
- Ultimately, the challenge here is based on the willingness of the Match Directors who run these sites to be willing to share data through an export that we can develop with relative ease. A little effort on everyone’s part and all will benefit.
And there you have it. I’m not dead. No one has abandoned PSM. Still trying to encourage more match directors to abandon their ancient ways and come on board. I will post more information as it becomes available and as features come on line. If you have any special requests, comments or concerns, please feel free to post them below on this page or contact me directly.
Go have a match.